If your car is more than three years old, an annual MOT check is a legal requirement to ensure it’s roadworthy. On average many garages charge between £35 and £45 for an MOT test but legally garages and MOT test centres are allowed to charge a maximum of £54.85 for the test.
Although many of us dread an MOT it can be a lifesaving test by picking up on faults with the vehicle that may be or may become unsafe in the very near future. It is illegal to drive a car with no MOT unless driving it to / from an MOT test station. Driving with no MOT will also invalidate your insurance.
There are ways in which you can try and give your car the best chance of passing.
Check your tyres are not only correctly inflated but also free from damage and have plenty of tread left on them. Check that all tyres have a tread depth of at least 1.6mm right the way around and across the central three-quarters of the pattern. A quick way to check is to insert a 20p piece into one of the tread grooves. If the outer edge of the coin is completely obscured then the tread depth is sufficient.
MOT time can be stressful, often you are not aware of all the work that may be required on your vehicle until it comes to the MOT and make be left with a huge bill in order to get the car road worthy and to pass the MOT.
Although MOT guidelines are very strict and all garages are told to adhere to the same standards, some garages are more lenient and others are stricter. If you worry that a garage is failing items on the MOT that should not of failed then you can take it to another garage to get them to check it for you, or make a complaint through the .gov website stating what the car has failed on and why you believe it is incorrect.
You do need to have a certain amount of trust in a garage to be able to take your car to them for an MOT. If you are worried that the garage may add extra faults so they get more work out of the job then you could take it to a place that does just MOT’s and no repair work as there is no advantage to them failing the car. The only issue with this is you will not have time to be able to shop around for quotes if you need the car back on the road so be sure to do your MOT early.
If you are looking to get a new or second hand car then you may well be tempted with taking finance out to cover the cost or part of the cost of the vehicle. Finance can be a great way of spreading the cost of a car over a number of years but you need to be sure that you know what you are taking on, the terms an conditions of the finance and how much you will end up paying for the car overall.
Many finance companies will simply take to you about the monthly amount and term of the finance but may not talk about the amount of interest and the APR. The APR is the annual percentage rate and is a percentage that relates to the interest you will be charged annually over the term of the loan. APR’s can range drastically from as little as a few percentage upwards of a thousand percentage. The higher the APR the more you will be paying back overall.
Always check how much you will have paid back in total including interest by the end of the finance agreement and this will allow you to work out how much in interest and charges you will incur. Often once people have this information, they reconsider the finance or will start to shop around to get a lower APR. Bank loans are often lower than taking out car finance but not sometimes the lending restrictions are stricter.
When it comes to buying a used car, you may have many concerns about how genuine the seller has been. No one wants to be stung with buying a car that is riddled with faults or to have it break down on you a few weeks later. When buying any used car there is always an element of risk involved but you can only hope that the seller has been honest.
Make sure you do your own research before viewing or bidding on a car. You may be surprised as to how much information you can find out online about a vehicle just from having the registration number and manufacturer details. All current and previous MOT’s are now listed online showing if the car passed or failed the MOT test, and also if there were any advisories. This can help you work out what has been done on the car or what may need to be done in the near future.
Garage doors are practical but also aesthetic part of your home. There are many brands that offer garage doors in London with several designs available, which are classified according to the system used opening, material design and ease of operation. As with rising competition and market needs; these garage doors brands will make a gate tailored to your liking. The different types of garage doors including roller shutters, sectional garage doors, sliding doors and industrial doors where each type has its specific features and has its advantages that one can install as per requirement.
1. Sectional Garage Doors – The most commonly used are sectional garage doors , which are composed of sections that use torsion springs are passing on the guide rails on the ceiling. If we consider garage doors London; then sectional door is easy to install from all aspects. Sectional doors slide to the side, along the walls of the garage are the sliding doors. Their advantage is the possibility of partial opening slot for the passage of a free cap.
2. Roller Garage Doors – Roller garage doors are ideal for garages, where the emphasis is on maximum use of space. It can be installed without structural modifications to already built garage. We also offer industrial rolling doors, suited for all spatial situations.
3. Industrial Doors – Industrial doors are suitable for any industrial building that need garage to park vehicles for staff or need door for warehouse and lots more. It does not matter whether you have freight forwarding warehouse or need a new door to its garage. In both cases you will save space, boost design each object and provide maximum possible comfort. Industrial sectional doors and industrial roller doors can be ordered in all sizes in the range max (width x above) 8000 x 5000 [mm]. With most of the garage doors manufacturers in London you will find the all seven standards sizes that are available at economic and affordable rates of packages.
4. Sliding Doors – Sliding garage doors are manufactured tailored with respect to safety and reliability. This is actually the type of sectional garage doors with the difference that the panels are built vertically but along the walls of the garage where the installation is therefore placed great emphasis on building readiness, equality walls and floors.
Here with different manufacturers; you can choose from a wide range of imitation wood and more than 2,500 colours, thanks to their unique and creative series of production where they also accompanied of spare parts and are able to combine wood, types of offsets, colours and stainless steel accessories that can be used for garage doors repair in London. You can have the doors exactly to your liking, you can only choose. Besides colour versions have the aesthetic appearance of a door share a beading appearance gates can be filled by means of modern stainless steel elements. Do not forget the safety features that we mostly listening service during closing movement of the door, to avoid any conflict with any obstacle missed the entrance.
There are many service providers in London that assist you in garage door selection along with offering complete services in garage door repairs and garage door replacements.
Is your garage door opener generally falling apart? If yes then maybe it is time to replace with a new one that uses new technology besides being easy to operate and maintain. A well-functioning garage door opener will not only provide a safe, secure and easy access to your garage but will also increase the general value of your property. Hormann garage door openers are one of the best in the market. In this article, we are going to give you reasons why you should choose Hormann garage door openers.
- They are reliable and efficient
One main factor that you should always look for when searching a garage door opener is reliability. Hormann door opener has been manufactured by one of the best companies in this industry with lots of experience. The company has consistently manufactured quality garage door openers, a factor that has made them to gain worldwide recognition. If there is one thing that you can be sure of when you buy garage door opener from Hormann is efficiency and reliability. The opener will not fail you at the time when you need its services the most. Keep Reading →